1. Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations
2. User Consent
3. A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at the address indicated above.
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States
5. Types of Data We Collect
"Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and government issued identification documents (such as a passport or driver’s license), as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data, including aggregated and de-identified data, that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
1. We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, payment details, and password when you create an account to log in to our network ("Account").
2. If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
3. Our Site lets you store preferences like how your content is displayed, your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
4. When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
5. Certain Services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
6. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
7. We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
8. We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
1. Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
2. Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider ("ISP"), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Information Collected from You About Others. Information Collected from Third-party Companies
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. In particular, MetaMask provides us with your Ethereum address and certain other information you choose to share with MetaMask. These third-party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide. We do not collect Personal Data automatically, but we may tie the information that we collect automatically to Personal Data about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
1. facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
2. identify you as a user in our system;
3. provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
4. provide the Services you request, including but not limited to facilitating your cryptocurrency transactions through MetaMask (metamask.io);
5. improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
6. send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
7. protect you and other users from any conduct that violates our Terms of Service or to prevent abuse or harassment of any user;
8. display your full name (if available) next to the digital assets you created and own;
9. verify your identity as the creator and owner of your digital assets, and display a secure-hashed format of this information;
10. send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
11. respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
12. make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
13. in any other way we may describe when you provide the Personal Data; and
14. send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third-parties without restriction.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Third-party Service Providers
We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site, conduct quality assurance testing, facilitate creation of accounts, provide technical support, and/or provide other services to Company.
As Legally Required
We may also disclose your Personal Data to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide it, or with your consent.
8. How We Protect Your Information
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility:
1. To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site and/or Services;
2. To ensure no one else uses the Site and/or Services while your machine is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi, or shared access connection you are using);
3. To log off or exit from the Site and/or Services when not using it;
4. Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network; and
5. To maintain good internet security.
You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us as soon as you can, so that we can try to help you keep your account secure and, if necessary, warn anyone else who could be affected.
9. Third-party Websites
10. Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Services:
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data
All users may review, update, correct, or delete the Personal Data furnished by a user in their user account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us, or by editing their profile via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, such as information stored in blockchain technology for the purpose of verifying authenticity and value of digital assets.
1. You may access, correct, amend, or delete your User Materials by accessing your user account (including any imported contacts). You control all User Materials you upload. User Materials that you delete (including User Materials containing personal information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like revision history and base snapshots. For instructions on how to permanently delete User Materials from your account, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that permanent deletion of your User Materials through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to those User Materials.
2. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Data we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your account page. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
3. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new VAST features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking "Unsubscribe" (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at [email protected] to opt out.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.