Terms Of Service
Welcome to VAST, owned and operated by GetVASTapp, LLC ("VAST," "We," "Us," or "Our"). The VAST website is found at vast.app (the "Site"). THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE. "You" refers to you, the user, who uses or visits the Site and/or sells or purchases Crypto Assets (defined below) on the Site.
THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (this "AGREEMENT") IS IMPORTANT AND AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, SO PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, REQUIRE DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (2) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON YOUR CLAIMS. YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO OPT OUT OF THE BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, SUBJECT TO CERTAIN NOTICE REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE READ ALL RELEVANT SECTIONS CAREFULLY.
BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON, COMPLETING THE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION PROCESS, USING OUR SERVICES, AND/OR PURCHASING CRYPTO ASSETS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL OF THE TERMS INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. If you do not agree to this Agreement, you may not access or use the Site or purchase the Crypto Assets.
VAST reserves the right to change or modify this Agreement at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make changes to this Agreement, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by sending an email notification, providing notice through the Site or updating the "Last Updated" date provided in this Agreement; by continuing to access or use the Site, you confirm your acceptance of the revised Agreement and all of the terms incorporated therein by reference. We encourage you to review this Agreement frequently to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply when you access or use the Site. If you do not agree to the revised Agreement, you may not access or use the Site.
VAST IS A PLATFORM. WE ARE NOT A BROKER, FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, OR CREDITOR. THE SERVICES ARE AN ADMINISTRATIVE PLATFORM ONLY. VAST FACILITATES TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN THE BUYER AND SELLER IN AN AUCTION BUT IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE BUYER AND SELLER OF CRYPTO ASSETS OR BETWEEN ANY USERS.
Since we have a growing number of services, we sometimes need to describe additional terms for specific services. Those additional terms and conditions, which are available with the relevant services, then become part of your agreement with us if you use those services.
Account Registration and Communication Preferences
If you wish to participate in an Auction for Crypto Assets, you will need to register for an account on the Site ("Account"). By creating an Account, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current, and complete Account information about yourself, (b) maintain and promptly update your Account information from time to time as necessary, (c) maintain the security of your password and accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and the information you provide to us, and (d) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the Site or your Account. Only one Account per user is permitted, and VAST will block multiple accounts of the same user. Also, you agree that you will not:
1. create another account if we have disabled a previous one, unless you have our written permission first;
2. buy, sell, rent, or lease access to your Account or username, unless you have our written permission first;
3. share your Account password with anyone; or
4. log in or try to log in to access the Site through unauthorized third-party applications or clients.
VAST may require you to provide additional information and documents at the request of any competent authority or in case of application of any applicable law or regulation, including laws related to anti-money laundering (legalization) of incomes obtained by criminal means, or for counteracting financing of terrorism. VAST may also require you to provide additional information and documents in cases where it has reasons to believe that:
1. Your Account is being used for money laundering or for any other illegal activity;
2. You have concealed or reported false identification information and other details; or
3. Transactions effected via your Account were effected in breach of this Agreement.
In such cases, VAST in our sole discretion may pause or cancel your Auction transactions until such additional information and documents are reviewed by VAST and accepted as satisfying the requirements of applicable law. If you do not provide complete and accurate information and documents in response to such a request, VAST may refuse to provide the Content (defined below) to you. By creating an Account, you also consent to receive electronic communications from VAST (e.g., via email or by posting notices to the Site). These communications may include notices about your Account (e.g., password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including but not limited to, that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications from us by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. We may also send you promotional communications via email, including but not limited to, newsletters, special offers, surveys, and other news and information we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these promotional emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Site and services, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use the Site and services, in cases where the Site offers a mobile component. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing the Site or services.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to your Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of VAST.
As stated above, your participation in each and every Auction is also subject to the Auction Rules available at vast.app/faq.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Site ("Feedback"). You may submit Feedback by emailing us at feedback[email protected] or by other means of communication. Any Feedback you submit to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting Feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
Unless otherwise indicated in writing by us, content and other materials contained therein, including, without limitation, the VAST logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, "Content"), the Site, and any Crypto Assets are the proprietary property of VAST or our affiliates, licensors, or users, as applicable.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, the Site and Content may include software components provided by VAST or its affiliates or a third-party that are subject to separate license terms, in which case those license terms will govern such software components.
The VAST logo and any VAST product or service names, logos, or slogans that may appear on the Site or Service are trademarks of VAST or our affiliates and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit the Site or Content. You may not use any metatags or other "hidden text" utilizing "VAST" or any other name, trademark, or product or service name of VAST or our affiliates without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site and Content, including, without limitation, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts, constitute the service mark, trademark, or trade dress of VAST and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, and VAST names or logos mentioned on the Site are the property of their respective owners and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the permission of the applicable trademark holder. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information by name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by VAST.
No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by VAST or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
License to Access and Use the Site and Content; License to Crypto Assets
You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, nonsublicensable license to access and use the Site and Content. However, such license is subject to this Agreement and does not include any right to (a) sell, resell, or use commercially the Site or Contents, (b) distribute, publicly perform, or publicly display any Content, (c) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of the Site or Content, or any portion thereof, (d) use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods, (e) download (other than page caching) any portion of the Site or Content, except as expressly permitted by us, and (f) use the Site or Content other than for their intended purposes.
VAST does not claim ownership of your User Materials (defined below) or your Crypto Assets. When you upload content to the Site, including any Crypto Assets, you are and remain the owner of your User Materials and your Crypto Assets. However, when you as a user create, upload, send, receive, post, publish, or store your User Materials, such as text, photos, audio, visual works, video, or other materials and information ("User Materials"), on, through, or in the Site, you represent that (a) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Materials that you make available on or through the Site, (b) you have all rights, licenses, consents, and releases that are necessary to grant to VAST the rights in and to such User Materials, as contemplated under these Terms, including, without limitation, that you have a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, perform, and display your User Materials (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right that may exist in your User Materials, (c) neither the User Materials nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission, or transmittal of the User Materials or VAST’s use of the User Materials (or any portion thereof) will infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third-party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
A Crypto Asset is a limited-edition digital creation. Unless otherwise specified by the Seller of a Crypto Asset in writing, your purchase of a Crypto Asset does not give you the right to publicly display, perform, distribute, sell, or otherwise reproduce the Crypto Asset for any commercial purpose. You further agree that you are not receiving any copyright interest in the Crypto Asset. Any commercial exploitation of Crypto Assets could subject you to claims of copyright infringement. If you sell a Crypto Asset through the Site, you agree that you will not have any claim against VAST or any VAST Party (defined below) for any breach of this Section by a purchaser. If you purchase a Crypto Asset on the Site, you hereby agree to hold VAST, the VAST Parties, and the seller of such Crypto Assets harmless from and against any and all violations or breaches of this Section.
We have the right to remove or refuse to post any User Materials, including Crypto Assets (a) for any or no reason in our sole discretion, (b) take any action with respect to any User Materials that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Materials violate this Agreement, infringe any intellectual property right of any person or entity, threaten the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or could create liability for VAST, (c) disclose your identity or other information about you to any third-party claiming that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy, (d) take appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site, and (e) terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any or no reason, including, without limitation, any violation of these Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS VAST AND OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
You understand and agree that we have the right to terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any or no reason, including, without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
VAST shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the User Material, to determine compliance with these Terms and any operating rules established by VAST and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. VAST shall have the right in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any material submitted to or posted through the User Material. Without limiting the foregoing, VAST shall have the right to remove any User Material that VAST in our sole discretion finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
However, we cannot undertake to review all User Materials before material is posted on the Site and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable User Material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third-party.
Third-Party Content Policy & Compliant Procedures
As a matter of policy, we do not tolerate any User Materials posted to the Site that, in our sole discretion: infringe intellectual property rights, violate United States law, constitute child pornography, or are obscene or defamatory. We intend to, in good faith, remove, disable, or restrict access to, or the availability of, User Materials that, in our sole discretion, we deem infringing, racist, obscene, obscene as to minors, child pornography, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable. The provisions of this Section are intended to implement this policy but are not intended to impose a contractual obligation on us to undertake or refrain from any particular course of conduct.
If you believe that someone has posted User Materials that violate this policy (other than in cases of copyright infringement, which is addressed separately below), we ask you to promptly notify us by email at the following address: [email protected] You must use this address if you want to ensure that your complaint is actually received by the appropriate person charged with investigating alleged policy violations.
1. In order to allow us to respond effectively, please provide us with as much detail as possible, including: (1) the nature of the right infringed or violated (including the registration numbers of any registered trademarks or patents allegedly infringed); (2) all facts which lead you to believe that a right has been violated or infringed; (3) the precise location where the offending User Materials can be found (and screenshots if available); (4) any grounds to believe that the person who posted the User Materials was not authorized to do so or did not have a valid defense (including the defense of fair use); and (5) if known, the identity of the person or persons who posted the infringing or offending User Materials.
2. By lodging a complaint, you agree that the substance of your complaint shall be deemed to constitute a representation made under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Delaware. In addition, you agree, at your own expense, to defend and indemnify VAST and the VAST Parties, and hold us harmless against all claims which may be asserted against us, and all losses incurred, as a result of your complaint and/or our response to it.
3. We expect visitors to take responsibility for their own actions and cannot assume liability for any acts of third-parties which take place on the Site. By taking advantage of the “Good Samaritan” procedures set forth in this Section, you waive any and all claims or remedies that you might otherwise be able to assert against us under any theory of law (including, without limitation, intellectual property laws) that arise out of or relate in any way to the User Materials at the Site or our response, or failure to respond, to a complaint.
4. You agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to investigate any complaint received. By reserving this right, we do not undertake any responsibility in fact to investigate complaints or to remove, disable, or restrict access to or the availability of User Materials. We support free speech on the Internet and therefore will not act on complaints that we believe, in our subjective judgment and sole discretion, to be deficient. If you believe that User Materials remain on the Site that violate your rights, your sole remedy shall be against the person(s) responsible for posting or storing it, not against us.
Pursuant to Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), all claims alleging copyright infringement for material that you believe to be residing on the Site, system, or network should be promptly sent in the form of written notice to our designated agent:
c/o Designated Agent for DMCA Notices
GetVASTapp, LLC, c/o Paracorp Inc., 2140 S. Dupont Hwy., Camden, DE USA 19934
Email: [email protected]
(the “DMCA Agent”). You may not send other notices or communications to the DMCA Agent, who is appointed solely for the purpose of receiving notices of claims alleging copyright infringement under the DMCA.
Specific requirements for proper notification of claimed infringement are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)). Valid notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
2. A clear identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing;
3. Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party (address, phone number and, if available, email address);
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right allegedly being infringed.
It is our policy that, upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice, we will remove or disable access to allegedly infringing material. There are substantial penalties for false claims (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(f) - providing sanctions for material misrepresentations of copyright infringement).
If a notice of alleged copyright infringement under the DMCA has been wrongly filed against you, you may submit a counter-notification to our DMCA Agent. Specific requirements for a proper counter-notification are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3)). A valid counter-notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
1. The User's name, address, telephone number, and email address;
2. A physical or electronic signature;
3. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
4. The following statement: "I swear, UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, that I have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled due to a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled"; and
5. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the U.S., for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the complainant.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, we will forward it to the original complainant who submitted the DMCA notice alleging copyright infringement. The original complainant will then have ten days to notify us that it has filed a lawsuit relating to the allegedly infringing material otherwise we will restore the removed material or cease disabling access to it.
Pursuant to Section 512 of the DMCA, it is our policy to terminate the account of any repeat copyright infringer in appropriate circumstances.
You are granted a limited, nonexclusive, revocable, nontransferable, nonsublicensable right to create a text hyperlink to the Site for noncommercial purposes, provided that such link does not portray VAST or our affiliates or any of our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner, and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use a logo or other proprietary graphic of VAST to link to the Site or Content without our express written permission. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any VAST trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found on the Site, the content of any text or the layout or design of any page, or form contained on a page, on the Site without our express written consent.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites ("Third-Party Websites") and applications ("Third-Party Applications"). When you click on a link to a Third-Party Website or Third-Party Application, we will not warn you that you have left the Site and are subject to the agreement and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Applications and are not under the control of VAST. VAST is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications. VAST provides these Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Applications only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Applications at your own risk. When you leave the Site, this Agreement and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable agreements and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third-party.
You agree that you will not violate any law, contract, intellectual property, or other third-party right, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct, while accessing or using the Site or participating in the Auction process. You agree that you will abide by this Agreement and will not:
1. Use the Crypto Assets in any way that is contrary to your grant of rights in the Crypto Asset;
2. Provide false or misleading information to VAST;
3. Use or attempt to use another user’s Account without authorization from such user and VAST;
4. Use the Site in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Site, or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Site in any manner;
5. Reverse engineer any aspect of the Site, or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any Service, area, or code of the Site;
6. Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ, or attempt to access any feature or area of the Site that you are not authorized to access;
7. Use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, script, browser extension, offline reader, or other automated means or interface not authorized by us to access the Site, extract data, or otherwise interfere with or modify the rendering of the Site pages or functionality;
8. Use data collected from the Site to contact individuals, companies, or other persons or entities;
9. Use data collected from the Site for any direct marketing activity (including, without limitation, email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing, and direct marketing);
10. Bypass or ignore instructions that control all automated access to the Site;
11. Use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage, or promote any activity that violates this Agreement;
12. Manipulate the price of any item (e.g., Crypto Asset) in an Auction or interfere with any other user's Auction, listing, or profile;
13. Engage in any coercive, deceptive, and/or manipulative behavior concerning an Auction, including using coercive, deceptive, and/or manipulative bidding tactics;
14. Post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content;
15. Distribute or post spam, unsolicited, or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
16. Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm VAST or the interests or property of users;
17. Post any hateful content; or
18. Use VAST, Auctions, or the Polygon Platform to carry out any illegal activities, including but not limited to, money laundering, terrorist financing, or deliberately engaging in activities designed to adversely affect the performance of VAST, Auctions, or the Polygon Platform, or the Site.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless VAST, and our respective past, present, and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors, and assigns (individually and collectively, the "VAST Parties"), from and against all actual or alleged third-party claims, damages, awards, judgments, losses, liabilities, obligations, penalties, interest, fees, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses), and costs (including, without limitation, court costs, costs of settlement, and costs of pursuing indemnification and insurance), of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, matured or unmatured, or suspected or unsuspected, in law or equity, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise (collectively, "Claims"), including but not limited to, damages to property or personal injury, that are caused by, arise out of, or are related to (a) your use or misuse of the Site, Content, or Crypto Assets, (b) any Feedback you provide, (c) your violation of this Agreement, and (d) your violation of the rights of a third-party, including another user, the Polygon Platform, or MetaMask. You agree to promptly notify VAST of any third-party Claims and cooperate with the VAST Parties in defending such Claims. You further agree that the VAST Parties shall have control of the defense or settlement of any third-party Claims. THIS INDEMNITY IS IN ADDITION TO, AND NOT IN LIEU OF, ANY OTHER INDEMNITIES SET FORTH IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND VAST.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY VAST, THE SITE, CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, AND CRYPTO ASSETS LISTED THERIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. VAST (AND ITS SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. VAST DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SITE, AND CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN. VAST DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT CONTENT ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN OR TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON MATERIAL OR INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE. WHILE VAST ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND CONTENT SAFE, VAST CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, ANY CRYPTO ASSETS LISTED ON THE SITE, OR OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE ONLINE. YOU ACCEPT THE INHERENT SECURITY RISKS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION AND DEALING ONLINE OVER THE INTERNET AND WILL NOT HOLD US RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY UNLESS IT IS DUE TO OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR, ANY USE CRYPTO ASSETS OF, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM (A) USER ERROR SUCH AS FORGOTTEN PASSWORDS, INCORRECTLY CONSTRUCTED TRANSACTIONS, OR MISTYPED ADDRESSES, (B) SERVER FAILURE OR DATA LOSS, (C) CORRUPTED WALLET FILES, (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO APPLICATIONS, (E) ANY UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE USE OF VIRUSES, PHISHING, BRUTEFORCING, OR OTHER MEANS OF ATTACK AGAINST THE SITE OR CRYPTO ASSETS.
CRYPTO ASSETS ARE INTANGIBLE DIGITAL ASSETS. THEY EXIST ONLY BY VIRTUE OF THE OWNERSHIP RECORD MAINTAINED ON A BLOCKCHAIN. ANY TRANSFER OF TITLE THAT MIGHT OCCUR IN ANY UNIQUE DIGITAL ASSET OCCURS ON THE DECENTRALIZED LEDGER WITHIN THE POLYGON PLATFORM. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT VAST OR ANY VAST PARTY CAN EFFECT THE TRANSFER OF TITLE OR RIGHT IN ANY CRYPTO ASSETS.
VAST is not responsible for sustained casualties due to vulnerability or any kind of failure, abnormal behavior of software (e.g., wallet, smart contract), blockchains, or any other features of the Crypto Assets. VAST is not responsible for casualties due to late report by developers or representatives (or no report at all) of any issues with the blockchain supporting Crypto Assets including forks, technical node issues, or any other issues having fund losses as a result.
Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit liability of either party for fraud, death, or bodily injury caused by negligence, violation of laws, or any other activity that cannot be limited or excluded by legitimate means.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Assumption of Risk
You accept and acknowledge:
1. The prices of blockchain assets are extremely volatile. Fluctuations in the price of other digital assets could materially and adversely affect the Crypto Assets, which may also be subject to significant price volatility. We cannot guarantee that any purchasers of Crypto Assets will not lose money.
2. You are solely responsible for determining what, if any, taxes apply to your Crypto Assets transactions. Neither VAST nor any other VAST Party is responsible for determining the taxes that apply to Crypto Assets transactions.
3. The Site does not store, send, or receive Crypto Assets. This is because Crypto Assets exist only by virtue of the ownership record maintained on its supporting blockchain. Any transfer of Crypto Assets occurs within the supporting blockchain and not on the Site.
4. There are risks associated with using an Internet based currency, including but not limited to, the risk of hardware, software, and Internet connections, the risk of malicious software introduction, and the risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to information stored within your wallet. You accept and acknowledge that VAST will not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions, or delays you may experience when using the Crypto Assets, however caused.
5. A lack of use or public interest in the creation and development of distributed ecosystems could negatively impact the development of the related token ecosystem and therefore the potential utility or value of Crypto Assets.
6. The regulatory regime governing blockchain technologies, cryptocurrencies, and tokens is uncertain, and new regulations or policies may materially adversely affect the development of an Auction and/or the Site and the utility of Crypto Assets.
7. The Site will rely on third-party platforms to perform transactions for the Auction of Crypto Assets. If we are unable to maintain a good relationship with such platform providers, if the terms and conditions or pricing of such platform providers change, if we violate or cannot comply with the terms and conditions of such platforms, or if any of such platforms loses market share or falls out of favor or is unavailable for a prolonged period of time, access to and use of the Site will suffer.
Limitation of Liability; Release
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VAST BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, THE SITE, PRODUCTS, OR THIRD-PARTY SITES AND PRODUCTS, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF VAST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITES, PRODUCTS, OR THIRD-PARTY SITES AND PRODUCTS ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF VAST ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, CRYPTO ASSETS, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED ON THE SITE EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) $100 OR
(B) THE AMOUNT RECEIVED BY VAST FROM THE SALE OF CRYPTO ASSETS THAT ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF VAST FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A MEMBER OF VAST’S NEGLIGENCE OR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A MEMBER OF VAST’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions also limit disclaimers or limitations of liability for personal injury from consumer products, so this limitation may not apply to personal injury claims.
Modifications to the Site
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify, suspend, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Sites (or any features or parts thereof) or suspend or discontinue any Auction at any time and without liability therefor.
Dispute Resolution; Arbitration. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section ("Arbitration Agreement") carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with VAST and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
1. Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to your access or use of the Site, to any products sold or distributed through the Site, or to any aspect of your relationship with VAST will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (a) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify and (b) you or VAST may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents).
2. Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent Paracorp Inc., 2140 S. Dupont Hwy., Camden, DE USA 19934. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes involving claims and counterclaims under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’ fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and procedures available at jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration; all other claims shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration. JAMS’s rules are also available at jamsadr.com or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. If the arbitrator finds that you cannot afford to pay JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees and cannot obtain a waiver from JAMS, VAST will pay them for you. In addition, VAST will reimburse all such JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing, and/or other fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
3. Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to (a) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement and (b) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement, including but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and VAST. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
4. Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND VAST HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and VAST are instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in the Section entitled “Applicabilty of Arbitration Agreement” above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
5. Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A OR COLLECTIVE CLASS BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If a decision is issued stating that applicable law precludes enforcement of any part of this subsection’s limitations as to a given claim for relief, then that claim must be severed from the arbitration and brought in the state or federal courts located in the State of Delaware. All other claims shall be arbitrated.
6. 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: GetVASTapp, LLC, c/o Paracorp Inc., 2140 S. Dupont Hwy., Camden, DE USA 19934, within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. You may also submit your decision to [email protected] Your notice must include your name and address, the email address you used to set up your account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
7. Severability. Except as provided in the Section entitled “Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief” above, if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
8. Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with VAST.
9. Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if VAST makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, you may reject that change within thirty (30) days of such change becoming effective by writing to GetVASTapp, LLC, c/o Paracorp Inc., 2140 S. Dupont Hwy., Camden, DE USA 19934.
Governing Law and Venue
This Agreement, your access to and use of the Site and Content, and your participation in any Auction shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction, that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any Dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court, shall be resolved in the state or federal courts of the State of Delaware and the United States, respectively, sitting in the State of Delaware.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Agreement, we reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to access or use the Site at any time and for any or no reason, and you acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability or obligation to you in such event and that you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts that you have already paid to us, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
If any term, clause or provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that term, clause or provision will be severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining part of that term, clause or provision, or any other term, clause or provision of this Agreement.
The following sections will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement and the termination of your Account: all defined terms and Sections 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20.
This Agreement along with the Auction Rules constitutes the entire agreement between you and VAST relating to your access to and use of the Sites and Content, and your participation in the Auction process. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of VAST prior, concurrent, or subsequent circumstance, and VAST’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Except as otherwise provided herein, this Agreement is intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
These Terms of Service were last updated on October 16, 2021.